ProFood Live canceled; HPP juice processor wins innovation award
In view of recent stay-at-home requests by the state of Illinois and many other states, and out of concern for the safety and health of our staff, attendees and customers, ProFood World and PMMI have canceled this year’s ProFood Live conference. It had been scheduled for June 9-10 in Chicago.
ProFood World will be hosting educational webinars featuring ProFood Live presentations. More details will be shared about these virtual opportunities on ProFoodWorld.com.
In addition, the Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards and the Manufacturing Innovation Awards presentations will take place in November. ProFood World, with the support of PMMI, will recognize award winners at PACK EXPO International and Healthcare Packaging EXPO 2020 in Chicago, Nov. 8-11, at Innovation Stage 1. The dates and times are as follows:
- 4 p.m. Nov. 8, 2020 | Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards
- 4 p.m. Nov. 10, 2020 | Manufacturing Innovation Awards
Some of the winners to be honored in November include:
- J.M. Smucker’s — New Uncrustables plant in Longmont, Colorado
- Atelier Hermes Boissons — First in the world to HPP bulk process juices that are sent directly to filler
- Lotus Bakeries — Manufacturers of the popular Biscoff cookie –first plant in the U.S.
“While it’s disappointing the conference has been canceled, we’re glad we have the ability to bring some of the conference to food and beverage manufacturers virtually,” said Joyce Fassl, Editor in Chief of ProFood World and content director for ProFood Live. “We’re also grateful the award-winning companies can be honored at PACK EXPO International and Healthcare Packaging EXPO in November. We hope many in the manufacturing community will join us for these events.”
More details will be forthcoming, or contact Brand Operations Manager Claudia Smith, with questions.