United Fresh accepting nominations for Women in Produce award
Held each year in conjunction with the United Fresh Convention & Expo, Women in Produce recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry, and selects one individual to share her personal experience. This year marks the 22nd anniversary of the event.
The honoree will be selected from nominations submitted across the industry. Nominations are evaluated based on the candidate’s industry involvement and contributions, as well as their inspiration to the industry.
New this year, Women in Produce will be the signature program at the Breakfast General Session on Wednesday, June 12, allowing for a broader attendee community to celebrate this year’s honoree and network with more industry colleagues.
“Women in Produce is one of the most inspirational events at our convention and I’m honored to have been present for each ceremony over the past 22 years,” said United Fresh President & CEO, Tom Stenzel. “Elevating the celebration to a breakfast general session shines a brighter light on the contributions from all women in our industry as the focus of this gathering. I invite everyone to join me at the breakfast in Chicago.”
The 2019 honoree will join a distinguished group of women including:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Organic Produce Network
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Karen Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo Martin, Margaret, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Lorelei, DiSogra, United Fresh Produce Association
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Cindy Jewell, California Giant Berry Farms
- Lorri Koster, Koster Communications, Coastal Grower Magazine
- Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting Inc.
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
- Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
- Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International/Greenyard USA
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
Nominations for the 2019 honoree will be accepted until March 27, 2019. Registration for the Women in Produce Breakfast General Session is included in the United Fresh 2019 All Access Package. To register for the event, visit www.unitedfreshshow.org.
To nominate, visit www.unitedfreshshow.org. For more information about the nomination process or the reception, contact United Fresh Sr. Director of Education & Member Programs Amanda Griffin at [email protected] or 202-303-3412.