Thermo Fisher to display first-of-its-kind metal detector at PACK EXPO
PACK EXPO attendees can see a wide array of innovative inspection, detection and check-weighing technology in action at the Thermo Fisher Scientific booth (C-2200) at PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2019, Sept. 23-25. Thermo Fisher will demonstrate a range of solutions for both food and pharmaceutical product inspection.
A key highlight at the booth will be the powerful Thermo Scientific Sentinel multiscan metal detector, a first-of-its-kind multiscan system that provides a high probability of detecting metal foreign objects in food to support optimal food safety. Advanced multiscan multi-frequency technology, pioneered by Thermo Fisher, allows users to choose five user-adjustable frequencies at a time, enabling it to perform like five metal detectors in one.
“When we demonstrate Sentinel, customers can immediately experience how intuitive it is to use and the difference that multiscanning can make in finding metal foreign objects. This is especially challenging in applications including meat, bread, dairy, and other applications with high product effect,” said Bob Ries, lead product manager, metal detection and X-ray inspection for Thermo Fisher.
In addition to the Sentinel multiscan metal detector, Thermo Fisher will showcase solutions for a range of food and pharmaceutical product inspection challenges during the event at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including:
- The Thermo Scientific NextGuard X-ray Detection System, an easy-to-use, entry-level X-ray inspection system which offers advanced capabilities for finding metallic and non-metallic foreign objects. It uses a non-linear detector designed to improve detection of dense objects.
- The Thermo Scientific Versa Flex Checkweigher with APEX 300 Metal Detector, a combination, space-saving unit that provides accurate weight control for dry applications and helps assure that product is free of metal contaminants.
- The Thermo Scientific Xpert B600 X-ray Inspection System, a unit designed specifically for X-ray inspection of high-value bulk food products, such as seeds, nuts, fruits and vegetables, prior to further processing.
- The Thermo Scientific Versa 8120 chain checkweigher, which provides high-speed weighing, control and reject functions for cartons, cans, bottles and rigid packages and features a rugged chain design for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- The Thermo Scientific Versa Rx Pharmaceutical Checkweigher, which provides highly accurate weight control while meeting stringent requirements for validated production.
- The Thermo Scientific APEX 500 Rx Metal Detector, a cost-effective, industry-leading pharmaceutical metal detector for tablet presses, capsule filling and deduster applications that meets requirements for validated production