Eco Pack releases reusable produce packaging
Eco Pack Systems has rolled out a new low-weight container solution to the U.S. market. The new container is designed to offer customizable point of purchase branding and reduce transportation costs.
The box is made from food grade material and Eco Pack says maximizes food safety and reduces product spoilage and damage with maximum airflow control.
The new system consists of a plastic frame and two lightweight plastic sleeves that together create a multipurpose, recyclable box. The frame has the same dimensions as standard paperboard cartons and plastic crates, and is suitable for palletizing. The bags are customized for specific commodity and product application. There are currently multiple sizes with three base dimensions at several heights, plus a separate tray for bananas. Additional sizes can be produced upon request.
“The Eco Pack box is efficient, clean, has multiple uses and is recyclable,” said Danny Bartal, CEO of Eco Pack Systems. “We believe it provides a financially preferable alternative to the paperboard boxes and plastic crates now prevalent in the industry.”
Eco Pack said benefits of the new container include:
- Recyclable – 100 percent reusable packaging that can be recycled indefinitely
- Weight – 50 percent less than similar cardboard or plastic packaging
- Economical – lower cost than competing packaging systems, as the frame is reusable and only the recyclable sleeves need to be replaced
- Hygienic – New, clean box every time, with an optional fully organic biodegradable sleeve
- Green – Lower energy requirements for production and in transportation than any other solution
- Versatile – Suitable for a wide variety of products, including fruit, vegetables, seafood, baked goods, dairy and fresh meat and poultry.
- Customizable – Fully adaptable sleeves for a wide variety of merchandising applications.