An Innovation Magnet
Attendees at the 2014 Fruit Logistica show in Berlin will be welcomed with conferences, seminars and panel discussions about the latest industry issues, challenges and trends, according to a release from the show.
“Fruit Logistica has rightly become synonymous with innovation in the fresh produce sector. This is reflected by the fact that well over half of all exhibitors use our event to present new or improved products each year, which is why retailers the world over see Fruit Logistica as the place to discover and source the novelties with which to excite their customers,” said Gérald Lamusse, global brand manager of Fruit Logistica.
The show is scheduled for Feb. 5-7, but the 33rd annual Fresh Produce Forum is slated for Feb. 4 from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the ICC Berlin. The focus: “Convincing the consumer — emotion at the point of sale.”
According to the release, “Consumers in supermarkets today are accustomed to being able to choose from an incredibly wide variety of fresh produce of outstanding quality. But it is not just the choice and the quality which matter. A successful fresh produce department needs to have the right atmosphere and ‘feel.’ Shoppers need to feel good about their shopping experience. We therefore also need to talk to them on an emotional level.”
The Fruchthandel Magazine Retail Award will also be presented during the Fresh Produce Forum.
During the three-day event, multiple hall forums are scheduled with topics ranging from tomatoes to Russia. Here is a list of forums:
- Competence in trade — how to impress your customers: Wednesday, Feb. 5, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Water — scarce, valuable, indispensable: Wednesday, Feb. 5, from 3 to 4 p.m.
- Tomatoes — international production and consumption: Thursday, Feb. 6, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Russia — the impact of WTO membership: Thursday, Feb. 6, from 3 to 4 p.m.
- Sustainability — appearance and reality: Friday, Feb. 7, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Innovation and the Fruit Trade — adding value to the supply chain: Friday, Feb. 7, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The Fruit Logistica Innovation Award, given to the winner of the competition for best fresh industry innovation selected by show attendees, will be awarded Feb. 7 at 2:30 p.m. to close out the show.
For a complete list of events and registration information, visit www.fruitlogistica.com.