United Fresh Start Foundation names advisory committee for FreshStart2019
The United Fresh Start Foundation has named members of the newly formed FreshStart 2019 Advisory Committee. These industry leaders will work with the Foundation staff to ensure the success of FreshStart 2019, which is scheduled for Jan. 15-17, 2019 at La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California.
The United Fresh Start Foundation is dedication to increasing children’s access to fresh produce. The advisory committee includes:
- David Rajkovich, Giant Eagle Markets, Golf Tournament Chair
- Michael Muzyk, Baldor Specialty Foods, Auction Chair
- Kim St. George, Mann Packing Company, Gala Dinner Chair
- Alex DiNovo, DNO Inc., Conference Chair
- Helena Beckett, Tanimura & Antle
- Gabriela D’Arrigo, D’Arrigo Bros. Co. of New York
- Kent Ford, Taylor Farms Tennessee, Inc.
- Jessica Harris, Earthbound Farm
- Jenny Maloney, Bayer Crop Science
- Tony Mitchell, Caito Foods Service, Inc.
- Amy Simeri McClellan, Martin’s Super Markets
FreshStart 2019 kicks-off Tuesday, Jan. 15 with the annual golf tournament followed by the “Bids for Kids” auction and gala dinner honoring Ron Carkoski, President & CEO of Four Seasons Family of Companies, with United Fresh’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Wednesday morning will feature a keynote breakfast and conference helping members find business growth opportunities by connecting with schools and community groups serving our next generation of produce customers.
To register for FreshStart 2019, visit www.unitedfreshstart.org. The event is open to all United Fresh members for $200, with a non-member rate of $400. Participation in the United Fresh Golf Tournament is $300. For questions, contact Kate Olender, Senior Director, Health & Wellness at [email protected] or 202-303-3420.