United Fresh names award honorees
Marking its 12th year of recognizing retail produce managers, United Fresh Produce Association announced the honorees of its 2016 Retail Produce Manager Awards Program. The winners will be the honored guests at the United Fresh 2016 convention, June 20-22 in Chicago.
The winners were selected from nominations submitted by retailers and produce suppliers. Nominations were evaluated on a number of criteria, including efforts to produce consumption through merchandising, special displays and promotions, community service and commitment to customer satisfaction.
The 2016 Retail Produce Manager Award Winners are:
- Amy Allman, The Kroger Company, Athens, GA
- Tricia Arceneaux, Frank’s Supermarkets, Golden Meadow, LA
- Ryan Blancas, Beale AFB Commissary, Marysville, CA
- Jeffery Bonacquisti, Market 32/Price Chopper, Pittsfield, MA
- James Corcoran, ShopRite, Carteret, NJ
- Ted Elliott, Tops Friendly Markets, Warsaw, NY
- Mark Garcia, The Common Market, Frederick, MD
- Michael Giberson, Niemann Foods, Inc., Champaign, IL
- Dan Hanson, Hy-Vee, Inc., Mankato, MN
- James Howard, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, Pikeville, KY
- Denise Kelly, Sobeys, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
- Ken Miller, Save Mart, Placerville, CA
- Brice Mollohan, Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Mathews, NC
- Jason Norviel, Schnucks Markets, Des Peres, MO
- Steve Parker, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Reno, NV
- Henry Porter, Vashon Thriftway, Vashon, WA
- Jennifer Ratkiewicz, Big Y Foods, Inc., Springfield, MA
- Lely Reyes, Albertsons Companies, McLean, VA
- Ronnie Showers, Roundy’s Supermarkets, Sun Prairie, WI
- Skyler Smith, Marc’s Stores, N. Canton, OH
- Gary Standing, Loblaws Supermarkets, North Sydney, NS, Canada
- Amy Steinke, Coborn’s, Ramsey, MN
- Lucilo Torres, Northgate González Markets, Long Beach, CA
- Brett Walker, Brookshire Grocery Company, Pittsburg, TX
- Keith Zielonka, Food Lion, Morrisville, NC
In addition to their awards, five grand prize recipients will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
All winners, along with their corporate produce directors, will be honored at United Fresh 2016 during the Retail-Foodservice Celebration Dinner on Wednesday, June 22.