United Fresh honors produce excellence in foodservice
The nomination deadline for the United Fresh 2018 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards is soon approaching. The program pays special tribute to chefs and foodservice operations for excellence in the use of fresh produce in the culinary arts.
Nominations, due Jan. 24, are accepted for each of the following eight business categories:
- Business in Industry
- Casual and Family Dining Restaurants
- Colleges and Universities
- Fine Dining Restaurants
- Hospitals and Healthcare
- Hotels and Resorts
- K-12 School Foodservice
- Quick Service Restaurants
A panel of produce foodservice experts will evaluate nominees on the following criteria, selecting eight winners, one for each business category:
- Creativity in using fresh produce in concept development and menu design, including the ability to incorporate produce into culinary trends.
- Knowledge and use of proper fresh produce handling procedures.
- Produce-related outreach or special events, such as community service projects, local educational outreach, etc.
- Recognition among peers and/or by their company, such as awards, additional responsibilities, and training
Nominees must commit to attend United Fresh 2018 to be eligible to participate.
The eight winning chefs and their accompanying corporate foodservice purchasing executive will receive complimentary roundtrip airfare, two-night hotel accommodations, and registration to five expo events, including the United FreshMKT and SmartFood Expos, June 25-27 in Chicago. The winning chefs will be recognized by the industry during the United Fresh Retail-Foodservice Celebration Breakfast.
In addition, the United Fresh Retail Produce Manager Awards will honor 25 of the industry’s top retail produce managers for their commitment to fresh produce, innovative merchandising, community service, and customer satisfaction. Nominators are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible in each category, showcasing why a produce manager deserves to be honored.
Nominations, due Jan. 24, are evaluated on the following four criteria:
- Innovative Merchandising, Special Displays and Sampling Programs
- Produce-Related Community Service or Outreach
- Recognition within their Company
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction and Promoting Fresh Produce
Winners and their corporate produce executives will be recognized at the Retail-Foodservice Celebration Event before industry peers.
For more information or to access the United Fresh nominations portal, visit www.unitedfresh.org