United Fresh board directors, officers nominations announced
United Fresh Immediate Past Chairman Ron Carkoski, Four Seasons Family of Companies, has announced the slate of new officers and directors nominated to serve on the United Fresh Produce Association Board of Directors, effective at its April 27 meeting in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Ascending to chairman of the board is Tony Freytag, senior vice president of sales & marketing for Crunch Pak in Cashmere, Washington. Fretytag currently serves as chairman-elect of the board.
Nominated as chairman-elect is Susan Reimer-Sifford, director of produce & bakery purchasing & distribution for Darden, in Orlando, Florida.
Lisa Strube, director of finance & administration for Strube Celery & Vegetable Company, will continue to serve in an ongoing term as secretary‐treasurer.
Current United Chairman of the Board Brian W. Kocher, COO at Castellini Company, will move to the position of immediate past chairman and remain on the board and the Executive Committee.
The following industry members have been nominated to serve as new members of the United Fresh Board for a two-year term beginning April:
- Shannon Arias, program lead for distribution, Chick‐fil‐A, Atlanta, Georgia, has been nominated to become the board’s vice chair.
- Tom Brugato, president and chief operating officer of Pacific Coast Fruit Company, currently serves on the United Fresh Wholesaler‐Distributor Board.
- Danny Dumas is vice president of N.A. sales & product management for Del Monte Fresh Produce.
- Sarah Frey‐Talley is the president and CEO of Frey Farms and founder of Tsamma Juice. Frey-Talley currently serves on United’s Government Relations Council and the Grower‐Shipper Board, as well as the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
- John Jackson, COO OF Beachside Produce, has been nominated as vice chairman of the Grower‐Shipper Board.
- Douglas Kling is senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Village Farms International. Kling is currently on the United Fresh Government Relations Council and United’s Produce Marketing & Management Council.
- Mark Klompien, president of the Idaho Grower Shippers Association, has been nominated as chairman of the Supply Chain Logistics Council.
- John McGuire is vice president of fresh produce for Lineage Logistics in Irvine, California.
- David McInerney is the co‐founder and chief food adventurer for FreshDirect in New York, New York.
- Ken Moynihan is the chief technology officer for Compac in Visalia, California.
- Brent Scattini, vice president of sales & marketing at Gold Coast Packing, has been nominated as vice chairman of the Fresh‐Cut Processor Board.
Current board member Bob Meek, Utah Onions, has been nominated to the position of chairman of the Grower‐Shipper Board.
The following officers of market segment boards and councils will continue their service on the board:
- Chairman, Fresh Start Foundation ‐ Jim Lemke, Robinson Fresh
- Chairman, Fresh‐Cut Board ‐ Bob Swartwout, Direct Advantage, LLC
- Chairman, Wholesaler Distributor Board ‐ Bob Kirch, Caito Foods Service
- Vice Chairman, Wholesaler‐Distributor Board ‐ Jackie Caplan Wiggins, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Chairman, Retail‐Foodservice Board ‐ Greg Corrigan, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores
- Chairman, Finance and Business Management Council ‐ Jason Pounds, Hardie’s Fresh Foods
- Chairman, Food Safety & Technology Council ‐ Suresh DeCosta, Lipman
- Chairman, Government Relations Council ‐ Charles Wingard, Walter P. Rawl & Sons, Inc.
- Chairman, Produce Marketing & Merchandising Council ‐ Cindy Jewell, California Giant Berry Farms
The following at‐large board members will continue their service on the board:
- Brian Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Bill Brim, Lewis Taylor Farms
- Mark Campion, Taylor Farms
- Bret Erickson, Texas International Produce Association
- Rudi Groppe, Heinzen Manufacturing International
- Fred Heptinstall, Fresh Market Strategies
- Steve Jarzombek, Roundy’s Supermarkets
- Bob Mast, CMI
- Paul Mastronardi, Mastronardi Produce
- Michael Muzyk, Baldor Specialty Foods
- Mike Orf, Hy‐Vee
- Gordon Robertson, Sun World International
- Howard Roeder, Dole Fresh Vegetables
- Mike Spinazzola, Diversified Restaurant Systems
- Mario Steta, Driscoll’s
- Dorn Wenninger, Walmart
- and Ross Wileman, Mission Produce.