Reusable Packaging Association elects new chair, board members
The Reusable Packaging Association has elected a new board chair and new executive committee members.
Kevin Mazula, CEO of RM2, will begin his term as chair this month. Mazula served as vice chair in 2022 and takes over from former chair Ben Stoller, CEO of Paxxal.
“RPA and its members are thankful for Ben’s dedication and service to the reusable packaging industry,” Mazula said in a statement. “It has been a dynamic time for reusable packaging as we navigated through the pandemic and began to see more emphasis placed on resilient supply chains. There was an increased opportunity to find new and innovative ways to bring reusable packaging to the forefront.
“Not only did the RPA membership experience growth, but reusable packaging stayed top of mind, as more and more manufacturers and consumers sought ways to reduce waste and pollution and create a more circular economy. Our member companies, combined with Ben’s leadership, allowed the RPA to march forward with its mission to promote the use and value of reusable transport packaging systems – offering product quality, and economic and environmental benefits to supply chains.”
In 2023, Mazula is focused on continuing provide supply chain solutions.
“As we move past the pandemic and what was deemed a volatile period, exposing vulnerability within supply chains, we are seeing recovery, with many coming back stronger after the disruption – implementing modern ways to minimize waste and cut costs, ensuring a more sustainable and economical infrastructure,” he said.
Other changes to the RPA executive committee include the appointment of Samantha Goetz, marketing communications manager of ORBIS, as the new vice chairman and chair-elect, and Andy Schumacher from SSI Schaefer as secretary-treasurer.
The annual RPA election also resulted in four new board members and three returning directors starting a two-year term (2023-24). They are:
- Graham Connor, senior vice president, sales and customer support, iGPS Logistics
- Aubree Duncan, global director of quality and food safety, Tosca
- Amy Lathrop, president, Perfect Pallets
- Leslie LeMair, vice president of sales and marketing, Georg Utz
- Steve Russell, vice president of sales and marketing, Cabka
- William Wappler, owner and CEO, Surgere
- Ben Waterman, manager of business development Monoflo International
Returning board members are:
- David Perrine, director, sales & partnerships, ACSIS Inc.
- Morten Bielefeldt, senior vice president, sales & services, Bruel Systems
- Brandon D’Emidio, senior director, global product development, CHEP
- Zach Riggs, director of fulfillment, pickup strategy & product management, Kroger Co.
- Shawn Stockman, vice president, sustainability solutions, OnePak Inc.
- Jonathan North, vice president, sustainable & core solutions, Rehrig Pacific Co.
- David Kruger, president, TriEnda Corp.
In addition, Willemijn Peeters, Searious Business CEO, was appointed industry advisor, a new role created to provide insight and guidance on issues facing the reusable packaging industry.