PMA names Impact Award winners
Mike O’Brien, vice president of produce and floral for Schnuck Markets and past chairman of the Produce Marketing Association, announced the winners of the 2011 Impact Awards during the morning breakfast session at Fresh Summit Conference and Expo on Oct. 15.
The entries – 28 finalists in all – were judged with a cumulutive score in the categories of marketing, food safety, supply chain efficiency/functionality, sustainability and consumer convenience, a new category this year.
The winners of 2011 are:
– Apio Inc. and Clear Lam Packaging: New Peel/Reseal Apio Squash package
– Hollandia Produce: Live Gourmet Lettuce Squircle clamshell and shipping container
– Monterey Mushrooms: Sustainable mushroom packaging
– Naturipe Farms: Berry Quick snacks
– Ocean Mist Farms: Season and Steam Microwaveable Artichoke pack.