PACK EXPO East offers chance to see latest processing, packaging technology
With the ongoing pandemic’s influence in place since March 2020, opportunities to see new processing and packaging products and technology have been somewhat scarce.
PACK EXPO East in Philadelphia offers attendees the chance to do just that. With 400 exhibitors, there is amble ability to see a comprehensive range of packaging and processing technologies yet still have time for personal, productive discussions with suppliers.
The biennial event, produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, provides professionals from the consumer packaged goods (CPG) and life sciences rich Northeast corridor a convenient and rewarding opportunity to explore the latest packaging and processing technology in person, connect with suppliers and find applicable solutions in a changing marketplace.
“Technology and machinery solutions have changed a lot in the two years since PACK EXPO East 2020,” said Laura Thompson, vice president, trade shows, PMMI. “Our return to Philadelphia is the ideal chance for busy professionals to bring entire project teams by car or train, to see the latest solutions in person.”
Attendees and exhibitors alike will have access to some must-see highlights at this year’s show:
- The Forum at PACK EXPO (Booth 1026) will feature free, interactive 45-minute open sessions on the latest industry trends by the OpX Leadership Network, Institute of Packaging Professionals, Contract Packagers Association and PMMI Business Intelligence, followed by small group discussions and Q&A sessions.
- In the center of the action, the free, 30-minute seminars on the Innovation Stage (Booth 2226) offer ample opportunity for attendees to learn about breakthrough technologies, innovative applications and proven approaches from the experts themselves.
- Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN) Reception: The Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network serves to recruit, retain and advance women in packaging and processing. PPWLN invites all interested industry professionals to a networking reception at 3 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, after the show floor closes.
- Young Professionals Reception: Hosted by PMMI’s Emerging Leaders Network, young professionals in packaging and processing can learn more about the industry and how to get involved with the Emerging Leaders Network at this free reception from 5-7:30 p.m. Monday, March 21.
- The Workforce Development Pavilion is the one-stop shop for resources to strengthen your current workforce and grow the existing workforce. Learn about PMMI U offerings, including popular training workshops. PMMI Partner Schools will present mechatronics, packaging and processing offerings, and attendees and exhibitors can meet students interested in careers in the industry. The Future Innovators Robotics Showcase (Booth 625) features design, engineering and troubleshooting skills from high school robotics teams in the Philadelphia area.
- Association Partner Pavilion: This pavilion houses leading associations dedicated to advancing the packaging and processing industry, offering significant resources, insights and expertise all in one central location. Participating associations already confirmed include the Reusable Packaging Association (RPA), Institute of Packaging Professionals, the Contract Packaging Association, Flexible Packaging Association, OMAC – Organization for Machine Automation & Control, the Foundation For Supply Chain Solutions (F4SS) with many more to come.
PACK EXPO East is set for March 21-23, 2022 at the Philadelphia Convention Center.