Orion to display redesigned rotary stretch wrapping system at expo
A redesigned rotary stretch wrapping system from Orion Packaging Systems will be on display at PACK EXPO 2023 in Las Vegas.
Orion, a ProMach brand, will feature an array of stretch and pallet wrapping solutions at the event at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including the redesigned MA Series fully automatic rotary stretch system.
Show attendees can check out interactive video displays as well as an integrated packaging system with a robotic cell placing boxes onto an automated stretch wrapping turntable system.
Orion offers end-of-line solutions including rotary turntable, rotary tower, orbital, and horizontal wrapping systems. The MA Series fully automatic rotary tower stretch wrapper provides high throughput stretch wrapping in one module design.
“The redesigned MA Series keeps the frame consistent for various applications and makes modifications for required speeds and sizes to the machinery within it,” Pat Pownall, Orion vice president of sales, said in a news release. “A machine running 80 loads per hour will look identical to a machine running 30 loads per hour.”
Because of the standardization now available with the MA Series, the rebuild assembly installation system reduces turnaround time from the industry average 35 weeks down to 22 weeks, according to the release.
In addition to faster installation, the MA Series provides protective wrap for each load, helping prevent damage during transit.
“You have to stretch wrap for the item that is going to slip,” Pownall said. “It might be the second row down or the tenth row down, but you have to know that to wrap properly. The days of two wraps on the top and two wraps on the bottom are gone.”
Features and benefits of the redesigned MA Series include:
- Four-legged design for stable operation
- Wire mesh guarding with interlocked doors and light curtain for operator safety
- Standard CAT 3 electronics with separate high- and low-voltage cabinets
- S-Carriage InstaThread film carriage for 260% pre-stretch to maximize film
- Open mechanical design for easy access to internal components
- High-speed conveyance and rotary arm speed for high throughput one on machine
- Allen Bradley HMI with IntelleVue System for smart controls