Mariani to head California League of Food Processors exec committee
Michael Mariani, Mariani Packing Co., was elected as CLFP’s 2020-21 chair at the 2020 annual board of directors meeting held on April 30. Mariani is a partner with Mariani Packing and is based out of Mariani Packing Co.’s headquarters in Vacaville, California.
The company is a family business and for four generations has grown, dried, processed and packaged a wide variety of dried fruit snacks and ingredient products. It has facilities in Marysville, California, and Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.
Mariani Packing is a longtime member of CLFP.
Other 2020-21 CLFP officers elected were:
- Pat Ricchiuti, ENZO Olive Oil Company, Clovis, California, as first vice-chair
- Jim Lipman, California Olive Ranch, Chico, California, as second vice-chair
- Ross Siragusa, the Kraft Heinz Company, Stockton, California, will continue as immediate past chair
CLFP board of director members also were nominated to serve new and continued terms on the Executive Committee.
Nominated for 2020-22 terms were:
- Jon Alby, Leprino Foods, Denver
- Matthew Reid, SupHerb Farms, Turlock, California
- Scott Woodard, Horizon Nut Company, Tulare, California
- Ron Pitts, Del Monte Foods, Lathrop, California
- Mike Smyth, Olam Spices, Fresno, California
- Melvin Ward, Sunsweet Growers, Yuba City, California
Nominated to continue their terms for 2019-21 were:
- Tim Hamilton, ConAgra Brands, Inc., Oakdale, California
- Chris Rufer, The Morning Star Packing Company, Woodland, California
- Lily Chiem, Kagome, Inc., Los Banos, California
- P.J. Mecozzi, Del Mar Food Products Corp., Watsonville, California
- Danny Green, Los Gatos Tomato Products, Fresno, California