CPMA names Mario Masellis as 2022-23 chair
The Canadian Produce Marketing Association is pleased to announce Mario Masellis as the 2022-2023 CPMA chair following his appointment during the board meeting held concurrently with the 2022 CPMA Convention and Trade Show.
Masellis is the vice president, sales and marketing, of Catania Worldwide. He has been a CPMA Board member since 2009 and a mentor for our Passion for Produce program. He brings to this role broad knowledge and extensive experience having worked in the industry for more than 25 years.
As CPMA Chair, Masellis will focus on areas that are close to his heart including, education and training, government relations efforts and diversity and inclusion.
“It is a tremendous honor to have this opportunity to serve as CPMA chair,” said Masellis. “I’m looking forward to building upon the work my colleagues and past chairs have done, which supports CPMA as the voice of the produce industry in Canada. The key areas that I would like to work on include improving education and training, raising consumer awareness around fresh produce consumption, and supporting an environment for diversity and inclusion within our industry.”
In his role as chair, Masellis will be supported by the Executive Committee which consists of:
- Chair: Mario Masellis, Catania Worldwide (Wholesaler)
- Past chair: Guy Milette, Courchesne Larose Ltd. (Wholesaler)
- 1st vice chair: Colin Chapdelaine, Star Group/BC Hot House Foods Inc. (Grower/Packer/Shipper)
- 2nd cice chair: George Pitsikoulis, Canadawide Fruit Wholesalers Inc. (Wholesaler)
- Executive Committee Member: Steve Bamford, Fresh Advancements (Wholesaler)
The complete CPMA Board of Directors listing can be at https://cpma.ca.