United Fresh releases FreshFacts Year in Review
United Fresh Produce Association released the 2015 Year in Review edition of the FreshFacts on Retail report, which examines overall retail trends in produce for the past year. The report also offers insights into performance and consumer data for fresh produce.
The FreshFacts on Retail report, produced in partnership with the Nielsen Perishables Group and sponsored by Del Monte Fresh Produce, measures retail price and sales trends for the top 10 fruit and vegetable commodities. Value-added, organic and other produce categories are also discussed in the report, along with consumer behavior measures, such as household penetration and basket size. This edition of the report also features data on how perimeter departments, including produce, drive store growth.
Additional highlights of the “Year in Review” report include:
- A look at U.S. household spending on fresh foods as compared to center store
- The impact of produce on basket size
- Price and volume trends for the top 10 fruit and vegetable commodities for 2015 over 2014
- Analysis of value-added fruit and vegetable categories
- Spotlight on the continued growth of organic produce
The complete FreshFacts on Retail report can be downloaded free of charge for all United Fresh members ($50 for non-members) by clicking here. If you have questions, contact Jeff Oberman at 831- 600-8922. For questions about specific data contained in the report, contact Matt Lally at Nielsen Perishables Group at 813-366-8556.