United announces new board of directors
A new slate of offices and directors will serve on the United Fresh Produce Association Board of Directors effective April 20.
The new officers are:
- Chairman, Brian W. Kocher, interim CEO of Chiquita
- Chairman-elect, Tony Freytag senior vice president of sales and marketing, Crunch Pak Sliced Apples
- Secretary-treasurer, Lisa Strube, director of finance and administration, Strube Celery and Vegetable
- Immediate past chairman, Ron Carkoski, president and CEO of Four Seasons Family of Companies.
Eleven industry leaders were nominated to serve as new members of the board for two –year terms.
- Brian Antle, harvest manager for Tanimura & Antle
- Jackie Caplan Wiggins, vice president and COO of Frieda’s
- Suresh DeCosta, manager of quality systems for U.S. supply chain management at McDonald’s
- Bret Erickson, president and CEO of Texas International Produce Association
- Bob Mast, president of Columbia Marketing International
- Michael Muzyk, president of Baldor Specialty Foods
- Jason Pounds, partner with Hardie’s Fresh Foods
- Howard Roeder, president of Dole Fresh Vegetables
- Dorn Wenninger, vice president of produce and floral for Walmart U.S.
- Ross Wileman, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Mission Produce
- Charles Wingard, vice president of field operations for Walter P. Rawl & Sons
Current board members nominated to new positions of service on market segment boards and councils include:
- Chairman, Retail-Foodservice Board – Greg Corrigan, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores
- Vice Chairman, Retail-Foodservice Board – Susan Reimer Sifford, Darden
- Chairman, Fresh-Cut Board – Bob Swartwout, Direct Advantage
- Vice Chairman, Fresh-Cut Processor Board – Jim Catchot, Renaissance Food Group
- Chairman, Wholesaler Distributor Board – Bob Kirch, Caito Foods Service
- Chairman, Produce Marketing & Merchandising Council – Cindy Jewell, California Giant Berry Farms
The following officers of market segment boards and councils will continue their service on the board:
- Chairman, Supply Chain Logistics Council – Kenny Lund, Allen Lund Company, Inc.
- Chairman, Grower-Shipper Board – Tom Deardorff II, Deardorff Family Farms
- Vice Chairman, Grower-Shipper Board – Bob Meek, Wada Farms Marketing Group
The following at-large board members will continue their service on the board: Bill Brim, PFG Focus; Bill Brooks, Westlake Produce Company; Mark Campion, Taylor Farms; Aaron Fox, Fox Packaging; Rudi Groppe, Heinzen Manufacturing International; Fred Heptinstall, IFCO Systems; Steve Jarzombek, Roundy’s Supermarkets; Carissa Mace, Fresh Produce & Floral Council; Paul Mastronardi, Mastronardi Produce; Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises; Bob Morrissey, National Watermelon Association; Mike Orf, Hy-Vee; Gordon Robertson, Sun World International; Rob Schrick, Bayer CropScience; Mike Spinazzola, Diversified Restaurant Systems; and Mario Steta, Driscoll’s.