PMMI awards $75,000 in scholarship awards to member families
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, recently awarded 15 students $5,000 scholarships from the PMMI Member Family Scholarship.
“Member Family Scholarships underscore PMMI’s commitment to our members and the future of the packaging and processing industry, paving the way for the next generation,” said Jim Pittas, president, CEO, PMMI, through a press release.
The winners of the 2021 Member Family Scholarship are:
- Brooke Braun, DePaul University. Member Company: Provisur Technologies
- Conner Decker, University of Maryland. Member Company: Decker Tape Products
- Clair Frain, Loyola University of Chicago. Member Company: Frain Industries
- Jacqueline Irvine, UCLA. Member Company: Plexpack Corp.
- Chris Krohn, California State University Fresno
Member Company: ADCO Manufacturing
- Gavin McDermott, University of Florida. Member Company: B&R Industrial Automation
- Ethan Moffitt, Messiah University. Member Company: APX Seetech Systems
- Nathaniel Mulder, University of St. Thomas. Member Company: Rockwell Automation
- Joshua Navin, Milwaukee School of Engineering. Member Company: Speed-Dee Packaging Machinery
- Kyle Navin, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Member Company: Speed-Dee Packaging Machinery
- Jarod Parsons, University of Wisconsin – Madison .Member Company: Optima Machinery
- Michelle Saganich, University of Notre Dame. Member Company: Rockwell Automation
- Alexandria Wall, Purdue University. Member Company: Solbern
- Adam Wolfe, Elizabethtown College. Member Company: JLS Automation
- Zarren Zafiro, Purdue University Northwest. Member Company: Linmot USA
Students are required to have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, career plans in packaging and processing and be an employee or immediate family member of an employee at a member company that is in good standing with PMMI to qualify for the scholarship.
With a commitment to developing future leaders in the industry, the PMMI Foundation has awarded academic scholarships each year to students pursuing a career in packaging and processing since 1998.
For more information about the PMMI Foundation, go to pmmi.org/foundation.