Kronen hosts first Online Customer Days
Food processing products provider Kronen recently hosted its first Online Customer Days, a four-day interactive event.
More than 270 participants from all over the world registered for the expertise filled four-day interactive event. The global industry was invited and with Kronen’s elaborately designed program a great deal of expertise was demonstrated in everything related to the processing of salad, vegetables, fruit and other foods.
Eleven workshops with subsequent question and answer sessions and over 60 open as well as individual live machine demonstrations were held. The result: over 270 satisfied participants from around 40 countries. Most were from the salad, vegetable and fruit processing sector.
All regions were represented and in particular many participants came from Latin America. However, North America, Europe and Asia were also well represented.
A good balance of interest was displayed across the topics and machines on offer. Each of the 11 workshops was presented four times in order to cover each of the different time zones. Also, approximately 60 live machine demonstrations were conducted. Each participant was able to individually pre-book his/her desired appointments from the four-day program using the online registration system. Having received a link participants could log in to the respective chosen workshops and demonstrations and so follow them via live video conference.
The first ever Online Customer Days proved to be a great success from both a technical point of view and in terms of content. Thanks to the question-and-answer sessions which were all translated into English participants were able to directly exchange information and views with the Kronen team online.
“We are delighted that through the Online Customer Days we were finally able to hold a meeting with people in the industry again and meet our customers and interested parties live even though it was purely virtual this year. In order to be able to offer such a diverse, individual and interactive program we devoted an immense amount of effort in preparing and implementing the event. And with such positive feedback from the participants, it made it all the more worthwhile.” said Stephan Zillgith, spokesman for the Management at Kronen. “It’s very interesting to see that really all topics and machines were in demand — however, a particularly strong interest was displayed in the workshops showing our innovations in the field of hygiene, and also in the live demonstrations of the small processing line and of the classics such as our cutting and washing machines.”
Workshops can still be requested now Anyone that has missed the event and would still like to benefit from the workshops can contact Kronen directly. The Kronen team is happy to offer selected workshop videos and give personal advice on all topics on request even after the event. All eleven workshops are available in four languages: English, Spanish, French and German.
An overview of all workshops and also the contact form can be found at www.kronen.eu/kronen-live2021.
A few takeaways from attendees of the event:
- Susan Pavlin, Gullah Farmers Cooperative Association, United States: “You all have made an amazing job at the demonstration. It was very helpful and it was really important for us to understand each piece and component of the washing machine and how it work and fit together.”
- Melina Bou, Putruele, Argentina: “The workshops that we attended today were very interesting and useful.”
- Uriel Alexander G. Vargas, Ddscorp, Panama: “Thank you very much. This was excellent and very useful information for our daily work.”
- Mr. Tamayo, The Green Batch, Panama: “It was great to learn all about the Kronen machines. The presentations were excellent — short and to the point.”
- Yolving Juarez, Viru, Peru, commenting on the live demonstration: “I am very impressed by the excellent performance using robotics to process avocados.”
- Joaquin Mena, Ecocultivos, Chile: “I can hardly wait to install and operate the first GEWA washing machine in my business. After watching the presentation, it became clear to me that this would be a quantum leap for our company.”
- Peter Rahn, Atlantic Sea Farms, United States: “Atlantic Sea Farms is receiving a GEWA 3800 and our team was able to see the machine and run through its operation on a live video demo with Kronen before we received the washer. The demo showed us how to install, operate, and adjust the machine so we were prepared to set it up quickly when it arrived. Thank you for providing all the important information in a quick and easy demo.”
- Nguyen Duy, Ant Farm, Vietnam: “We attended some workshops and machine demonstrations. The events were well organized and we especially liked the precise explanation of the machines and topics. We collected some new ideas through the product demonstrations and all our questions have been answered in the live video chat.“