Growers can have a field day at Purdue Extension event
Purdue Extension’s annual Fruit and Vegetable Field Day offers growers networking and educational sessions on topics including biological controls and weed management.
The field day will be held at Throckmorton Purdue Agricultural Center’s Meigs Horticulture Research Farm from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on July 20. Registration is available online.
“We are looking forward to showcasing new research and updating attendees about ongoing work at Purdue,” Petrus Langenhoven, Purdue horticulture and hydroponics crops specialist, said in a news release. “This year’s field day will build on the experience of last year’s. Take a little time off from farming and attend this fantastic learning event.”
Educational topics will include:
- Black soldier fly composting and specialty crop production
- Collard insect management trial
- High tunnel diversification and biological control
- Plasticulture strawberry research
- Silage tarps for weed management in potatoes
- Soil health and pepper yield
- Sweet corn pest management
- Unmanned aerial vehicle demonstration
- Watermelon weed management
Registration is $25 and includes a boxed lunch from Great Harvest Bread Co. Purdue students can register for free with a discount code.