Conagra adds plant-based meal options to Birds Eye, Healthy Choice, Marie Callender lineups
Conagra Brands is adding numerous new options this summer, including several plant-based meal and snack choices.
More people are cooking and eating at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Birds Eye, Marie Callender’s and Healthy Choice are among the brands bringing new items to market to satisfy evolving consumer needs. The new items from Conagra Brands will be hitting store shelves this summer.
New plant-based meal and snack options
Plant-based products continue to rise in popularity, and not just for vegetarians and vegans, but for flexitarians too. Nearly 40% of Americans are attempting to incorporate more plant-based options into their diets. To answer the increased demand, brands including Birds Eye, Gardein, Healthy Choice and Marie Callender’s have developed new items including:
- Birds Eye Meatless Lasagna with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: Made with Gardein B’ef and pasta made from vegetables
- Birds Eye Skillets with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: Available in two flavors, Garlic Chick’n and Alfredo Chick‘n
- Healthy Choice Power Bowls with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: Offered in two flavors, Be’f & Vegetable Stir Fry, and Chipotle Chick’n
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Jerky: Available in three flavors, Original, Teriyaki and Hot & Spicy
- Gardein Plant-Based Soups: Available in five plant-based meat flavors, Chick’n Noodl’, Be’f & Vegetable, Saus’ge Gumbo, Chick’n & Rice, and Minestrone & Saus’ge
- Marie Callender’s Pot Pies with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: Available in two flavors, Chick’n and Be’f
New options for various diet preferences
Today, consumers are following both preferred and prescribed dietary guidelines that best fit their lifestyles and needs. Whether you are eating keto-friendly or on a low-carb meal plan, reducing the gluten in your diet or sticking to an all-vegan consumption, brands including EVOL and Blake’s have created delicious, on-trend options, such as:
- Blake’s Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese.
- EVOL Pizza: available in two flavors, 3-Cheese and Pepperoni. The keto-friendly pizzas are gluten-free and feature a crust made with chicken and parmesan cheese.
- EVOL Modern Lifestyle Bowls with Paleo-friendly options: Available in four flavors, Paleo-friendly Guajillo Chicken & Cauliflower; Plant-based Butternut Squash Curry; Paleo-friendly Unwrapped Chicken Egg Roll; and Plant-based Veggie Burrito.
- Healthy Choice Power Bowls Whole EARTH BOWLS: Offered in Green Goddess (vegan) and Buddha Bowl (vegetarian).
- Healthy Choice Bone Broth Soups: Available in three flavors made with bone broth, Chicken Noodle, Chicken with Rice, and Lentil Vegetable.